MidCentury Modern Weekly: Ebony's 1970s test kitchen, 5 MCM homes on the market in Arizona
Feb 15, 2019
Courtesy: New York Times, Lee Bey Photography
Modernism and MidCentury Modern isn't just about houses or even real estate. It's a lifestyle - it touches on just about everything - fashion, design, graphic design, photography and a whole lot more.
- The building that housed Ebony is being converted into apartments, but at least the test kitchen has been saved by Landmarks Preservation of Illinois. It can be yours for $1. That's right, one buck.
- What's most clickable? Apparently a photogenic 1953 Highland Park, Ill. house on realtor.com.
- Holy smokes! Five MidCentury Modern homes will be on the market during the upcoming Modernism week in Arizona. I'm guessing more than a few will be under contract before the big event.
- A rare opportunity to see inside the famous Wave House in Palm Desert - nickname comes from the roller-coaster shaped roof that was hidden for many years. Check out that unique roof here.
- 1960s era photographer Garry Winograd is celebrated in a documentary about his life. If you're a classic car fan, you must see his work!
That's it. Have a very MCM week.