More Mid Century Modern Homes on the Market: rare 1965 Lake Forest, IL abode with atrium, Mandy Moore's home, Harry Seidler's Legacy
Jan 11, 2019
Here's your round-up of all homes Mid Century Modern across the ocean and fruited plains:
- Midwesterners will tell you that they don't get enough sun so it's no surprise that architects try to capture sunshine wherever they can. This 1965 home does just that with this thoughtful atrium, which brings loads of light inside. I can only imagine what the space is like when there's snow falling. Magical.
- This 1959 Northridge, Calif. residence is on the market. The place to be if you love palm trees and sunshine everyday.
- Not on the market, a the new owner of this Los Angeles Mid Century Modern ranch home respected the wishes of the previous owner to retain as much original detail as possible.
- And from Australia, we have a look at Modernist Harry's Seidler's legacy.
- Actress Mandy Moore rescued (with designer help) a Pasadena Mid Century Modern home from a hideous 1990s overhaul.
That's it for now. Enjoy the weekend. Maybe your antique shops, online shopping and garage sale jaunts be blessed with great MCM deals every step of the way.