Typewriter Daily: Ted Bundy, Typewriter Repairman, Sexy Legs and Typewriters
Jan 31, 2019
Just a round-up of typewriter-related links you might enjoy:
- One of the great things about finding old typewriters are the old dealer labels on them. The old phone numbers are especially cool. What's even neater is to find those dealers who are still in business - decades later! Indeed, Robert E. De Barth (telephone: UL 5-6562) is still repairing typewriters! The guy is in his 90s, working away. My guess is that fixing old typewriters keeps him going.
- Typewriter Porn: Sexy Legs and Typewriters by Paul Roberts on Amazon. I want this book. Heck, I want to pose for a leggy pic with a guy and a typewriter. Is this wrong? It'll be family-friendly, I promise.
- I know nothing about replacing drawbands on typewriters, but here are instructions on replacing one on a Remington. Enjoy!
- Need some typewriter eyecandy (minus the sexy legs) while you type? Here's a visual compendium.
- The Netflix documentary on serial killer Ted Bundy is causing waves. Did you know he had a typewriter in his Aspen jail cell? How did that happen? How come he wasn't given a Swintec typewriter, the clear-case Swintec typewriter found in many prisons today? How did that happen?
That's it, friends. Back to my own typewriter adventures and surviving Freeze-Amaggedon here in Milwaukee.